Welcome to www.fairdealforbea.com, a website created and hosted on behalf of Elliott as a means of making publicly available certain announcements and other materials prepared by Elliott, which address matters in connection with Bank of East Asia, Limited (HKEx stock code: 23).
Founded in 1977, Elliott manages two funds, Elliott Associates, L.P. and Elliott International, L.P., with assets under management totaling more than US$26 billion.
Elliott’s investors include pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, hospital and university endowments, charitable foundations, funds-of-funds, individuals and families, and employees of the firm.
With tens of millions of beneficiary stakeholders located on five continents, Elliott’s primary focus is on risk control, stability, and steady growth of capital. With 38 years of experience, it is one of the oldest hedge funds under continuous management. Today, Elliott has offices in New York, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Elliott is a multi-strategy hedge fund, carrying out a diverse range of investment activities. Its strategies include actively managed equity investments in which Elliott’s objectives include promoting shareholder value and good corporate governance for the benefit of all shareholders.
You will be able to access the materials available on this website by clicking where indicated below to confirm that you have read, understand and agree to the following terms of access and use of this website and of the materials:
- The materials on this website (“Materials”) may not be relied on by any person for any purpose and are not, and should not be construed as investment, financial, legal, tax or other advice.
- The Materials have been compiled based on publicly available information and do not:
- purport to be complete or comprehensive; or
- constitute an agreement, offer, a solicitation of an offer, or any advice to enter into or conclude any transaction or take or refrain from taking any other course of action (whether on the terms shown therein or otherwise).
- The Materials contain “forward-looking statements.” Specific forward-looking statements can be identified by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historical or current facts and include, without limitation, words such as “may,” “will,” “expects,” “believes,” “anticipates,” “plans,” “estimates,” “projects,” “targets,” “forecasts,” “seeks,” “could” or the negative of such terms or other variations on such terms or comparable terminology. Similarly, statements that describe Elliott’s objectives, plans or goals are forward-looking. Any forward-looking statements are based on Elliott’s current intent, belief, expectations, estimates and projections. These statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that are difficult to predict and that could cause actual results to differ materially. Accordingly, you should not rely upon forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results and actual results may vary materially from what is expressed in or indicated by the forward-looking statements.
- Any representation, statement or opinion expressed or implied in any of the Materials is provided in good faith but only on the basis that no reliance will be placed on any of the contents therein. You should obtain your own professional advice and conduct your own independent evaluation with respect to the subject matter therein. Each of Elliott Associates, L.P., Elliott International, L.P. and their respective affiliates (together, “Elliott”) expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any loss howsoever arising from any use of or reliance on any of the Materials or any of their contents as a whole or in part by any person, or otherwise howsoever arising in connection with the same. Elliott is not under any obligation to provide any updated or additional information or to correct any inaccuracies in the Materials.
- In respect of the Materials which have been prepared by Elliott and which appear in the English language on this website, in the event of any inconsistency between the English language version and the version in any other language, the meaning of the English language version shall prevail.
I confirm that I have read, understand and agree to abide by the above terms of access and use relating to this website and of the Materials made available on it.